I admit it. I’m sitting in the Eastchester, N.Y. Borders listening to Color Me Badd’s “I Adore Mi Amor.” I liked the song when it came out in the 1990s, I like it now. So, shoot me (well, don’t literally shoot me. But laughing at my pathetic taste in music seems pretty fair).
Anyhow, I’m going to hold my second jeffpearlman.com book giveawayâ€”the winner gets a free copy of my Barry Bonds biography, “Love Me, Hate Me,” which will reduce my basement supply to a svelte 194 books. I’ll autograph it, if you’d like (thus reducing the book’s value from 49 cents to -49 cents). I want to know what your guilty musical pleasures are. It can be a song, an albumâ€”or both. The worst of the worst wins the book.
Here, for the record, are my five:
1. Color Me Badd, “I Adore Mi Amor.”
2. Absolutely anything by Wilson Phillips, but especially this John Lennon-esque classic.
3. The new New Kids on the Block single, “Summertime,” which is catchy and actually being played on Z100.
4. Dennis DeYoung’s solo material, as well as this absolutely pathetic video.
5. Indigo Girls’ remake of “Romeo and Juliet.”
Whoaâ€”even reading those makes me think, “What a friggin’ wuss.” Now see if you can beat me …