So I’ve never aspired to be famous, because fame seems to truly suck.
But—one thing that doesn’t suck about fame is you 100% know people will turn out for your book signings. That’s why people like Oprah and Will Smith can do a 40-book tour and sell thousands upon thousands of books without much of a sweat. People want to be in their presence. The signed book is almost secondary.
Alas, I am no Oprah. No Will Smith. I wouldn’t do an extended book tour, because I’m uncertain whether people would attend.
But—I will be doing a mini-tour in support of “The Last Folk Hero: The Life and Myth of Bo Jackson.” And, by “mini,” I mean really mini.
Here are the dates:
• Oct. 28 (5:30 pm): Auburn Oil Booksellers, Auburn, Alabama
• Oct. 29: I will literally be walking the Jordan-Hare Stadium parking lot putting postcards in car windows during the Auburn game.
• Oct. 31 (7pm): The Little Professor, Homewood, Alabama
• Nov. 1 (7 pm): Downtown Books, Dothan, Alabama.
• Nov. 2 (6 pm): Page and Palette, Fairhope, Alabama