Well, as predicted, my second book contest (the one where people couldn’t see the names) was significantly harder than the first. In fact, nobody got every night right. I went with two winnersâ€”Robert Eden of McKinney, Texas and Mark Clothier of Douglasville, Georgia. Mazel Tov, fellasâ€”books en route.
And here are the answers:
In order, left to right, top row; then left to right, bottom row.
1. Mike Darr, former Padres outfielder who died in a car accident.
2. Ronald McNair, mission specialist aboard Challenger.
3. Eric Carr, former KISS drummer who died of cancer.
4. Gia Marie Carangi, model who died of AIDS-related complications.
5 . Nelson Rockefeller, 44th vice president of the United States. Died of a heart attack.
6. Bruce Lee, Martial-arts ass kicker, who died of “misadventure.”
7. Dick Schaap, famed sportswriter, who died of postoperative complications following hip replacement surgery.
8. Bon Scott, AC/DC lead singer, who died after a night of heavy drinking.